Re: A question for zoonomenclaturists

Forgot two things.

First:

> Well, I hope sincerely that the next version of the Code will be more
> accessible and understandable, but we are still not there!

The code of prokaryote nomenclature is accessible and understandable because
somebody sat down and rewrote the whole thing in his spare time.

I've often wanted to do the same to the ICZN, but that's not gonna happen soon!
Also, nobody could do it alone -- rewriting that book would reveal several
contradictions or likely contradictions that the Commission would need to rule
on.

Second:

You brought up femur -- femora. That's actually just one of two options.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/femur#Latin