Re: Azhdarchidae (Pterosauria) review monograph (free pdf)

The paper gets a little more odd. Averianov's taxonomic treatment of
azhdarchids and near-azhdarchids is confused by his referral of all
specimens from single localities to singular taxa. This is helped in
some cases by lumping not just taxa together but also localities, in
which the mere formational presence of an azhdarchid/azhdarchoid
results in its referral to an older taxon, as though distribution in
time through the formation (often of significant effect, as in the
Dinosaur Park Formation) means little. One must take the taxonomic
treatment of these taxa in this paper with some large grains of salt.

--
Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff: http://qilong.wordpress.com/

"Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth" - P. B. Medawar (1969)