Re: Bird and archosaur genome analysis in Science

I find it odd that the genome of the domestic chicken is the closest to the
ancestral dinosaur when human breeding has affected the chicken genome. Could
breeding have caused some kind of regression toward the ancestral form? I note
with interest that Jack Horner’s book “How to Build a Dinosaur” suggested
starting with a chicken.

Jeff Hecht