Re: T. rex specimen bought by Naturalis museum in Leiden + Placerias + more news

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A clarification on the cost of the Tyrannosaurus. The total cost of
the specimen excavated, then purchased by the Naturalis museum is
stated elsewhere as 5 million euros, 4.4 million of which was raised
by crowdfunding. I should have made this clearer in the summary. Here
are some additional links with more details:

Blog story in English with TED talk about the T. rex for Naturalis Museum:

https://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/tag/leiden/

News stories in Dutch:

With video, including an  add showing a T. rex wandering the streets,
going door to door for donations to pay for the fossil:

http://nos.nl/artikel/2009913-t-rex-voor-het-eerst-naar-nederland.html

Fund-raising drive

http://tientjevoortrex.naturalis.nl/nl/