Fighting dinosaur smuggling + Spinosaurus dinosaur of the year 2015

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items:

Overview of fight against illegal smuggling of dinosaur fossils:

http://democrat.slantpoint.com/2014/12/16/how-do-you-smuggle-a-dinosaur-and-7-other-questions-about-the-fossil-black-market/

NOTE: The official link to the Central Dinosaur Museum of Mongolia is
below. The English-language version does not seem to be fully working
yet.

http://www.dinosaurmuseum.mn/

****

The Sauriermuseum Aathal in Switzerland has chosen Spinosaurus as the
"dinosaur of the year" for 2015.

The downloadable press kit includes a cool illustration of Spinosaurus
catching a fish by Davide Bonadonna-- with the theropod's
controversial limbs conveniently concealed under floating algae.

http://www.sauriermuseum.ch/de/presse-partner/fr-medienschaffende/fr-medienschaffende.html#article408

http://www.zol.ch/bezirk-hinwil/seegraeben/Spinosaurus-ist-Dinosaurier-des-Jahres/story/26316599

*****

Passing on a message to the DML:

Please visit our Cuban Digital Library of Geosciences at:

http://www.redciencia.cu/geobiblio/inicio.html

For this ending year, We digitized several rare documents and updated
the website.

Among the pdfs, I want that you share with the DML friends this
interesting one (in Spanish), that for sure you don't have in your
dinosaur digital libraries:

García, J.R., 1990. El ocaso de los gigantes. Juventud Técnica, No. 266: 7-15.

Please, you can download the pdf at
http://www.redciencia.cu/geobiblio/paper/1990_JR_OcasoDinosaurs.pdf.

This short text is a classic for Cuban dinosaur fans like me at the
very beginning of the 90' decade.

Happy new year!
Cheers,
Ing. Yasmani Ceballos Izquierdo

*************

Making fake dinosaurs bones for display

http://www.pe.com/articles/dooley-757119-fossils-museum.html

*************

Radio interview in Spanish with "the man who discovered Titanoboa":

http://www.bluradio.com/86237/el-hombre-que-descubrio-la-titanoboa-la-culebra-mas-grande-que-existio

PBS adventure show to include fossil digs and Jack Horner interview

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-teams-adventure-show-premieres-on-pbs/article/1543712

*****
More on ichthyosaur found in Wales

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-30522904

****

OK...not a dinosaur story, but a shelter dogs digs up a fossil bone

http://kxan.com/2014/12/26/pflugerville-shelter-dog-finds-10000-year-old-bison-bone/