Re: Students decide if Tyrannosaurus could chase down & kill a Triceratops

Haven't seen the paper yet, but can see the references.

And JEEZE LOUISE, people, WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO GET
CITED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

On Wed, February 19, 2014 4:49 pm, Ben Creisler wrote:
> From: Ben Creisler
> bcreisler@gmail.com
>

> An article that may be of interest:
>

> S. Randolph May (2014)
> The Coevolution of Tyrannosaurus & Its Prey: Could Tyrannosaurus Chase
> Down & Kill a Triceratops for Lunch?
> The American Biology Teacher 76(2):118-123
> doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1525/abt.2014.76.2.8
> http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1525/abt.2014.76.2.8
>
> Students will analyze the coevolution of the predator--prey
> relationships between Tyrannosaurus rex and its prey species using
> analyses of animal speeds from fossilized trackways, prey-animal
> armaments, adaptive behaviors, bite marks on prey-animal fossils,
> predator--prey ratios, and scavenger competition. The students will be
> asked to decide whether T. rex was a predator, an opportunistic
> scavenger, or an obligate scavenger.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216