Re: New book Vertebrate Integument: Origin and Evolution

I was able to download the entire book. There are only slight mentions of the
dinosaur bird connection, and relationships to feathers (e.g., Lingham-Soliar
stated that his 2011 work invalidated the melanosome interpretations for
Sinosauropteryx). Apparently all of the dino-feather kerfuffle is being being
held for volume 2.

Barring the oversimplification of the paleobiology and some potential biases in
phylogenetic interpretations (also some not-so-hot illustrations in the
dinosaur section), the book seems to contain loads of useful information on
integument itself (e.g., history, distribution, interaction, and surveys of
taxa that preserve it).

Jason