Goniopholidid from Jurassic of Siberia (free pdf)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A recent paper not yet mentioned:

I.T. Kuzmin, P.P. Skutschas, O.I. Grigorieva and S.A. Krasnolutskii (2013)
Goniopholidid crocodylomorph from the Middle Jurassic Berezovsk Quarry
locality (Western Siberia, Russia).
Proceedings of the Zoological Institute RAS 317(4): 452–458
http://www.zin.ru/journals/trudyzin/doc/vol_317_4/TZ_317_4_Kuzmin_et_al.pdf

Excavations and sediment screenwashing at the Middle Jurassic
Berezovsk Quarry locality in Krasnoyarsk Territory, Russia, yielded
rare isolated teeth, osteoderms and fragments of cranial bones of
crocodyliforms. All these remains were referred to Goniopholididae
indet. on the basis of the following combination of features: a
relatively narrow and long snout, contribution of splenials to the
mandibular symphysis, dermal sculpturing consists of almost circular
and slightly elongated oval pits, polygonal ventral osteoderms, and
conical teeth with strongly striated crowns with weakly developed
unserrated lateral carinae. The Berezovsk goniopholidid represents one
of the oldest goniopholidid records in Asia and, geographically, the
northernmost occurrence of this group in the Jurassic of Asia.