Re: Kulindapteryx and Daurosaurus, new hypsilophodont ornithopods from Upper Jurassic of Siberia, Russia

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Many thanks to David for correcting this. It does appear that my first
rough translation was likely more accurate. Since I have not read the
paper, I can't be completely sure. I began to have doubts based on the
previous abstracts that discussed the presence of both feather-like
structures and tubercular scales on the small dinosaurs from Kulinda.
I thought I had misread the grammar in the new article abstract since
it sounded odd to say that dermal scales were divided into bristles. I
dragged out some dusty Russian grammar books and tried to parse the
sentence in detail today.

Dlya gipsilofodontii [genitive plural?] ustanovleno [neuter] nalichie
[nominative neuter noun] razdelennykh [genitive plural] na
“shchetinki” [accusative plural] kozhnykh cheshui [genitive plural].

For hypsilophodonts [is]  established  presence of divided into
"bristles" dermal scales.

So maybe something like this is intended:

"Dermal scales divided into 'bristles' are found to be present in
hypsilophodonts."

Of course, when the English language translation appears, I could have
egg on my face....