Oversized psittacosaur from Siberia?

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

I was hoping this news story would have an official English-language
version at some point (maybe there is one that I have missed). Back on
July 10th I posted links to some Russian news items about the
discovery of very large skull on the site where two nearly complete
skeletons of Psittacosaurus were found back in June.

http://dml.cmnh.org/2014Jul/msg00077.html

***
Another recent Russian news story indicates that the skull may be from
a "giant" psittacosaur, much bigger than the currently largest known
species (Psittacosaurus sibiricus at up to 2.5 meters).

https://www.oprf.ru/about/interaction/region_chambers/431/2014/newsitem/25458

Here's a rough translation of one paragraph.

Two dinosaur skulls were discovered on July 9 and 10, and perhaps a
part of a complete skeleton. The skull found on July 9 is very large
and  changes all ideas about the possible size of Psittacosaurus--
supposedly it could [only] reach 2.5 meters in length and up to 1.5
tons in weight [NOTE: THIS WEIGHT SOUNDS TOO HEAVY FOR 2.5 m LENGTH].

A 9 i 10 iyulya byli obnaruzheny yeshche 2 cherepa dinozavrov,
vozmozhno takzhe yavlyayushchiyesya chastyami tselykh skeletov,
prichem cherep, naydennyy 9 iyulya, ochen' bol'shoy, chto menyayet vse
predstavleniya o vozmozhnykh razmerakh Psittakozavra —
predpolozhitel'no on mog dostigat' 2,5 metra v dlinu i do 1,5 tonn
vesa.

*****

I guess we need to wait for a more scientific description to confirm
it's really a giant psittacosaur...