Re: 12th "Archaeopteryx" questioned

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Many thanks! As I said, it was  a quick and imperfect translation. I
could not find good English equivalents for some of the German phrases
with what I had immediately on hand and decided to sent anyway. The
Google Translate results were not very helpful and the German
subjunctive can be a bit tricky to translate sometimes. Revised and
improved:

Frey has delivered the second opinion on the fossil. He says it was
not clear a priori that the fossil in fact was that of a bird. "It is
pretty far gone, although the finder, according to standard practices,
did everything right when he recovered the specimen. It is in poor
condition and first needs to be prepared."  It is a "relatively small
animal." One of the smallest known up to this point. "The bones have a
mottled white appearance. It is split through by a cleft."