Re: Question: Why did birds lose their teeth?

I would not expect this unless cleaning teeth was the only function of wing
claws ( and it isn't - viz the Hoatzin). Besides, living birds can use their
hind claws to reach the bill (they can certainly scratch their heads) so why
would wing claws be the ones toothed avians would use?

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON
Canada L5L 3W2