RE: ?!? A New and Separate Palaeontological Community

Thank you Thomas. Agreed. Palaeontology is certainly interdisciplinary [thank
god]. I was emphasizing more
the field technician concept here. There's no way the field can be separated
from other disciplines. It's
a whole different century now.

I was referring to bringing the research skills of technicians up a few
notches, academically speaking. That would have to be completely taken over by
academia. A strong connection with existing research institutions and their
personnel is a no brainer.