Therizinosaur claw functions and Allosaurus injury heaing (resend)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

I tried to send this posting earlier but it apparently got  lost in
cyberspace -- my Google Chrome crashed for some reason around the same
time I sent it. Apologies if people on the DML got the earlier
version.
==

The dinosaur stuff keeps coming today! These papers are not yet online
but here are the press releases and news stories about new studies
about the claws of therizinosaurs and injury healing in Allosaurus.

Stephan Lautenschlager (2014)
Morphological and functional diversity in therizinosaur claws and the
implications for theropod claw evolution.
Proceedings of the Royal Society B 281:20140497;
doi:10.1098/rspb.2014.0497, 2014

News release:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2014/may/therizinosaur-claws.html

News story:

http://www.livescience.com/45401-dinosaur-claws-used-for-digging.html

===

Allosaurus injury healing

Jennifer Anné, Nicholas P. Edwards, Roy A. Wogelius, Allison R.
Tumarkin-Deratzian, William I. Sellers, Arjen van Veelen, Uwe
Bergmann, Dimosthensis Sokaras, Roberto Alonso-Mori, Konstantin
Ignatyev, Victoria M. Egerton, Phillip, L. Manning.
Synchrotron imaging reveals bone healing and remodeling strategies in
extinct and extant vertebrates.
Interface Focus. eScholarID:223546

https://www.escholar.manchester.ac.uk/uk-ac-man-scw:223546

News release: