Fwd: Tianyuornis, new ornithuromorph bird from Lower Cretaceous of China (free pdf) (resend)

I didn't work---I'll try again. I don't know what is blocking a number
of my recent postings to the DML. Very odd.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Subject: Tianyuornis, new ornithuromorph bird from Lower Cretaceous of
China (free pdf) (resend)
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

I tried sending this posting earlier and it apparently was lost in
cyberspace (an on-going problem with things I have tried to send
lately). Apologies if people already got this posting.
**

A paper in the new issue of Vertebrata Palasiatica with a new taxon.
However, the pdf looks a bit odd and does not allow text copying in
its current version. Maybe a more standard pdf will be posted later.
For now for the eager and curious....

Zheng Xiao-Ting, Jingmai K. O'Connor, Wang Xiao-Li, Zhang Xiao-Mei &
Wang Yan (2014)
New information on Hongshanornithidae (Aves: Ornithuromorpha) from a
new subadult specimen.
Vertebrata PalAsiatica 52(2): 217-232
http://www.ivpp.cas.cn/cbw/gjzdwxb/xbwzxz/201405/P020140509396191177060.pdf

We report on a new species of basal ornithuromorph bird, Tianyuornis
cheni gen. et sp. nov., based on a nearly complete and articulated
subadult individual from the Lower Cretaceous Yixian Formation in the
eastern region of Nei Mongol, China. The new specimen shows features
characteristic of the Hongshanornithidae (Hongshanornis longicresta,
Longicrusavis houi, and Parahongshanornis chaoyangensis), such as
small body size and elongate hindlimbs relative to their forelimbs,
but it also possesses some unique features that support the erection
of a new genus and species, including a straight dentary (a sigmoidal
dentary was previously considered an autopomorphy for
hongshanornithids), teeth preserved on both upper and lower jaws,
sternal caudolateral trabecula has a distinct fan-shaped expanded
distal end. With the addition of this new taxon, Hongshanornithidae
represent the most diverse recognized clade of Early Cretaceous
ornithomorphs. The new specimen reveals new important morphological
information regarding the Hongshanornithidae and confirms the
controversial presence of teeth in this clade.