Re: New titanosaur ain't all that big

On 5/20/2014 10:47 AM, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:
Today's Washington Post provided a length of 2.4 m for the new titanosaur.

2.4 m? Wouldn't that make it a   teenysaur?

Sorry, could not resist.

That is about the same as projected for Argentinosaurus and I think
Futalognkosaurus (never have been quite sure about the measurements for that
thing).
As I noted in the Field Guide, the masses for these big titanosaurs has
tended to be  overestimated, and they are in your 50 or so tonne range. Not
that much heavier than brachiosaurs. Mamenchisaurs might have gotten bigger.

GSPaul </HTML>