[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Workshop on Integration and Modularity with Geometric Morphometrics, April 7-10, 2015. Barcelona.
Registration is open for the course "Integration and Modularity with Geometric
Morphometrics - 4th edition"; April 7-10, 2015.
INSTRUCTOR: Prof. Chris Klingenberg (University of Manchester, UK).
Course webpage: http://www.transmittingscience.org/courses/gm/modularity-and-gm/
1. Brief review of geometric morphometrics: Procrustes fit, shape space,
covariance matrices, etc.
2. PCA for characterizing patterns of integration.
3. Partial least squares and integration.
4. Practice: patterns of integration.
5. Indices of integration.
6. Modularity: concepts and analysis.
7. Modularity hypotheses: where do they come from?
8. Practice: Indices, allometry and comparisons.
9. Comparing patterns of integration.
10. Developmental integration and modularity.
11. Evolutionary integration and modularity.
12. Practice: integration & modularity.
13. Allometry as a factor of integration.
14. Multilevel analyses of integration and modularity.
15. Presentations of group work.
The aim of the workshop is to provide participants with an overview of
morphometric approaches to studying morphological integration and modularity.
The concepts of integration and modularity will be introduced and discussed in
different contexts (e.g. development, individual variation, evolutionary
change). The theoretical basis and application of different methods for
analyzing integration and modularity in geometric morphometric data will be
presented. Lectures will be combined with hands-on demonstrations of the
analyses. Participants are encouraged to bring their own morphometric data for
analysis and discussion in the workshop.
This course will be held in the Sabadell facilities of the Institut Català de
Paleontologia (Barcelona, Spain) and is co-organized by Transmitting Science
and the Institut Catalá de Paleontologia M. Crusafont. Place are limited and
will be covered by strict registration order.
Please feel free to distribute this information between your colleagues if you
consider it appropriate.
With best regards
Soledad De Esteban-Trivigno, PhD.