Re: Dromaeosaur skull from Inner Mongolia (news)

I concur: the "skull" appears to be a partial sacrum viewed from
below, if the long bony "rods" represent fractures of the iliac
blades. There are no similar structures in archosaur skulls resembling
two sets of transverse "rods" followed by one broad set.

--
Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff: http://qilong.wordpress.com/

"Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth" - P. B. Medawar (1969)