From: Jaime Headden <jaimeheadden@gmail.com>
To: bcreisler@gmail.com
Cc: "dinosaur@usc.edu" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, 16 October 2014, 13:19
Subject: Re: Panguraptor, new coelophysoid theropod from Early Jurassic of China

Paper seems to be making a point of ignoring Megapnosaurus. I strongly
dislike this tactic, whatever the taste.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Creisler
> bcreisler@gmail.com
>
> A new paper:
>
> Hai-Lu You, Yoichi Azuma, Tao Wang, Ya-Ming Wang & Zhi-Ming Dong
> The first well-preserved coelophysoid theropod dinosaur from Asia.
> Zootaxa 3873 (3): 233–249
> http://dx.doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.3873.3.3
> preview:
> http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2014/f/z03873p249f.pdf
>
> http://zoobank.org/urn:lsid:zoobank.org:pub:4441BCDF-E4A9-4C67-AE08-5D6D418706CC
>
> Coelophysoid dinosaurs represent the earliest major radiation of
> neotheropods. These small-to-medium-sized agile bipeds lived
> throughout much of Pangaea during the Late Triassic–Early Jurassic.
> Previously reported coelophysoid material from Asia (excluding the
> Gondwanan territory of India) is limited to two specimens that
> comprise only limb fragments. This paper describes a new genus and
> species of coelophysoid, Panguraptor lufengensis, from the Lower
> Jurassic Lufeng Formation of Yunnan Province, China. The new taxon is
> represented by a well-preserved skeleton, including the skull and
> lower jaw, the presacral vertebral column and partial ribs,
scapula, a partial forelimb, part of the pelvic girdle, and an almost

--
Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff: http://qilong.wordpress.com/

"Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth" - P. B. Medawar (1969)