Re: Saurornitholestes found in Alberta + other news

Just to add to the discussion about the old-fashioned Paris Diplodocus cast : I can tell you that it has nothing to do with the repositioning being a difficult task.

1/ Did you see the size of the Galerie de Paléontologie ? It is ridiculously small compared to the Hintze Hall. Well, it was originally planned to be twice longer, but the builders ran out of money, so we obtained a shortened gallery and much less space to put specimens and researchers - this is still an issue today !

2/ There is a funny side effect to this matter : the Paris gallery is frequently used as an example of an old-fashioned exhibition including old-fashioned kangaroo-like iguanodons and allosaurs and trailing-tailed diplodoces. No kidding : people love this side of the building.

Moral of the story : people love vintage dinosaurs :-)

Cheers,
Jocelyn