Spinosaurus proportions/limbsize/exploding head quotient

Well, I imagine that the classic scene from the sci fi movie "Scanners" has
been repeated several hundred, heck, million-fold today!

Spinosaurus, one of the truly weird dinosaurs to begin with, turns out to be
perhaps THE most bizarre dino discovered to date!

Essentially it looks like a 17-meter long torpedo with arms, legs and that
humongous sail.

Before anyone else claims it, what do the pros out there think of my
observation that one of the uses of that sail may have beento help the animals
identify the "Alpha Male" while they were all submerged in the water, in order
to keep everybody in line?  (I guess that falls into the "display" category
vis-a-vis the purpose of the sail).

What is more fascinating to me is the possibility that the sail also added
extra ballast - indeed, its shorter-sailed relatives did not have the
ultra-short powerful swimming legs of the Spinosaurus?  Evolution at work - the
more aquatic, the bigger the sail?)

Lots of folks are properly cautious about making sure this new skeletal
reconstruction didn't make the mistake of pairing the legs of a smaller animal
with the body of a fully grown adult - I am assuming here that someone with
Sereno's background would make quadruple-sure that there was no evidence of a
mass-burial at the excavation site.

Sereno sure has carved his niche out, hasn't he?  Finder of Suchomimus, the
giant croc whose name escapes me, and now collaborating on "solving" the
100-year old mystery of Spinosaurus - this was really a joint effort, starting
with Stromer and then involving the Italians, Ibrahim, and Sereno.

I hope its all backed up and airtight.

Tom Holtz is right - this is a "nuclear bomb" going off in the middle of the
dino-phile community!!!!

Awesome stuff!!