Re: New findings Support Spinosaurus Sail as thermal regulator (My own theory)

I recall reading, many years ago, a paper in a herpetology journal reporting that Alligator did flush blood into its dorsal scutes (they seem to be heavily vascularized) and by lying in the water with just its dorsal surface exposed to the sun could use the scutes to thermoregulate.

Dan