Re: Spinosaurus redescribed as giant semiaquatic theropod

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

The Spinosaurnado has not abated...

More blogs challenging or revising the reconstruction:

http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-spinosaurus-reboot-sailing-in.html?spref=tw

Swimming and floating posture in deep water:

http://antediluviansalad.blogspot.com/2014/09/spinosaurus-tidal-rover-aka-how-i.html?spref=tw

In Italian (new proposed neck posture):

http://theropoda.blogspot.com/2014/09/spinosaurus-revolution-episodio-iv-una.html?spref=tw

In French (knuckle-walking dinosaur?):

http://www.dinosauria.org/blog/2014/09/15/bien-que-rampant-le-spinosaurus-nouveau-porte-haut-sa-crete/#more-2576

=====

And just in case anybody was curious about what started it all:

Stromer, E. 1915. Ergebnisse der Forschungsreisen Prof. E. Stromers in
den Wüsten Ägyptens. II. Wirbeltier-Reste der Baharije-Stufe
(unterstes Cenoman). 3. Das Original des Theropoden Spinosaurus
aegyptiacus nov. gen., nov. spec. Abhandlungen der Königlichen
Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Mathematisch-physikalische
Klasse 28(3):1-32.

Original German version:

http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/124817#page/93/mode/1up

English Translation of Stromer's original description of Spinosaurus:

http://www.dinochecker.com/papers/Stromers-Egypt-expedition_Spinosaurus_Stromer_1915.pdf