Re: Spinosaurus redescribed as giant semiaquatic theropod

To be honest, about the so-called double hump, there is nothing
reasonable about it. The "dip" is based on Element H of Stromer, a
vertebra with a broken distal end of the neural spine (this isn't
speculative, the spine is extremely damaged and warped). Te
reconstruction of Ibrahim et al. follows earlier reconstructions of
the spine in which this vertebra lines next to Element I, which is
composed of the tallest, backwards sweeping spine. The spine in H is
slightly anteriorly oriented, whereas that in I is caudally oriented.
Like reconstructions previous to, including Stromer's own, the sail is
assumed to be almost wholly comprised of dorsal vertebrae, and no
evidence is given in Ibrahim et al. towards the reconstruction pattern
itself; it is merely assumed to be true for the sake of the
reconstruction.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM, dale mcinnes <wdm1949@hotmail.com> wrote:
> *         ---REMAINDER OF MESSAGE TRUNCATED---            *
> *     This post contains a forbidden message format       *
> *  (such as an attached file, a v-card, HTML formatting)  *
> *    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *
> * If your postings display this message your mail program *
> * is not set to send PLAIN TEXT ONLY and needs adjusting  *

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff: http://qilong.wordpress.com/

"Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth" - P. B. Medawar (1969)