Re: Chilesaurus

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. <tholtz@umd.edu> wrote:

> A therizinosaur-mimic!!

In many ways, _Chilesaurus_ and therizinosaurs were both
'prosauropod'-mimics.  Some of the features shared between
_Chilesaurus_ and basal sauropodomorphs are downright spooky - such as
the strongly twisted phalanx of the thumb.

> I am now going to have to drag out notes on Eshanosaurus: it makes me wonder
> if there are any
> potential relationships there? The
> teeth of Eshanosaurus are, admittedly, more classically phyllodont (and hence
> more
> therizinosaur like).

_Eshanosaurus_ could be a whole new lineage of herbivorous
theropods... if so, it's probably a coelurosaurian lineage.

Cheers
Tim