RE: Dakotaraptor - seriously??

The new Peer J paper is pretty damn solid.

It happens sometimes. Your search image is off, and you misconstrue one element
for another similar-shaped one.

For instance, a bone identified originally as the squamosal of Zuniceratops
turned out to be the ischium of Nothronychus.

Science works by reciprocal illumination: we correct our misjudgements and
build on that new information.

As you can see in the new PeerJ paper, those turtle parts DO look fairly
furcula-like at first glance.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu         Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Geology 4106, 8000 Regents Dr., College Park MD 20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Phone: 301-405-6965
Fax: 301-314-9661

Office: Centreville 1216, 4243 Valley Dr., College Park MD 20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
Fax: 301-314-9843

                        Department of Geology
                        Building 237, Room 1117