Passing of Jack McIntosh

I have been trying unsuccessfully to post this to these groups since this morning, so here's another go at it. Some of you may have seen my posting about Jack's death on Facebook.

Dan

It is with deep regret that I report that John S. McIntosh passed away this morning. He was 92 years old at the time of his death. I will pass on information about funeral services, etc. as I become aware of them. He was well known, respected, and loved by many on these lists and over the years he helped innumerable paleontologists around the world.

Better known as "Jack", he was a theoretical physicist at Weslyan University (CT) and also for many, many decades the authority on sauropod dinosaurs. As Jack often told the tale, this was the result of, as a senior at Yale University and torn between dinosaur paleontology and physics, he went to Richard S. Lull, the then Yale dinosaur expert. Lull told him there was no future in dinosaur paleontology so he went into physics!

More info to follow

Dan Chure