Attachment of stegosaurus plates

I've read a number of odds and ends about the plates.

Regardless of what purpose they had, the poor critter still had to walk around with them.

I found this by chance on the weight of plates

http://www.carnegiemnh.org/exhibitions/paleolab/stegosaurus.html

"These bones are extremely heavy (the plates weigh up to 50 lbs each ...) ..."

That's a lot of weight on top and if it wobbles I have to wonder what the actual effects are. Can that be modeled? Has it been modeled?