From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] on behalf of Richard W.
Travsky [rtravsky@uwyo.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 4:25 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Attachment of stegosaurus plates

I've read a number of odds and ends about the plates.

Regardless of what purpose they had, the poor critter still
had to walk around with them.

I found this by chance on the weight of plates

http://www.carnegiemnh.org/exhibitions/paleolab/stegosaurus.html

"These bones are extremely heavy (the plates weigh up to 50
lbs each ...) ..."

That's a lot of weight on top and if it wobbles I have to
wonder what the actual effects are. Can that be modeled? Has
it been modeled?