RE: Koshisaurus photo + Australian opal dinosaurs + more

Well, Fukuisaurus itself is only known from a partial skull and sternum, so its
skeleton is basically unknown too.  Also, while both genera are from the same
formation, Shibata and Azuma (2015) do not regard them as particularly closely
related.  Fukuisaurus is resolved as more closely related to Iguanodon and
Proa, while Koshisaurus is.... somewhere else.  Alas, the authors decided to
use an Adams consensus tree, in which basal taxa can either be truly basal or
actually fall in multiple positions at least as derived as their Adams
placement, so without running their analysis and pruning taxa a posteriori, we
don't know exactly where it goes.

The moral?  DON'T USE ADAMS CONSENSUS TREES.

Mickey Mortimer