Re: Dinosaur of Portugal documentary video + dinosaur music video + news

On Wed, February 4, 2015 3:39 pm, Ben Creisler wrote:
> Ben Creisler
> bcreisler@gmail.com

> I couldn't find a video clip of Steve Brusatte's spot endorsing the
> Discovery Channel for originally airing Walking with Dinosaurs,
> turning him toward paleontology.  (The endorsement is an attempt, I
> assume, to restore the channel's phony-shark-demented reputation.)

And since I remember well the phone conversations and billards-based
recruiting events at SVP leading to the original WWD, I now feel
officially old... :-)

(Actually, very VERY glad to see the results, though!!)

And yes, DiscoCommunications is trying to rehabilitate itself. It and
other science-based channels are rushing to get new and re-issued
documentaries done in time for the Jurassic World premier.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/