RE: Microbially induced sedimentary structures

A lot of the desire to find evidence of life on Mars (past or present) is
encouraging people to take non-parsimonious positions.

Among other things: what is the lithology of figure 5? Because if it is basalt
(like most of Mars' surface), mere similarity of appearance to a microbialite
means nothing.

Lithology matters.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084