RE: K-T impact in early June?

Well, Wolfe has at least a 1 out of 12 chance of being correct!! :-)

But, as you note, given the greater number of days per year, it is better to
think of "time of year" rather than "month". And even
there, keep in mind that growth cycles of plants will be different on a warmer
world.

This is one data point, and a highly speculative one at that.

In Science, accepting ambiguity and uncertainty are highly important. This is
one of those occasions. Until more data can be
gathered to test this, we just don't know.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Fax: 301-314-9661

http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
Fax: 301-314-9843

                        Department of Geology
                        Building 237, Room 1117
                        University of Maryland
                        College Park, MD 20742 USA

highly
> speculative and hypothetical, so I would like to ask what is the general
> opinion of this research today? Has anyone ever continued
it
> this research or came up with something new? Are there alternate explanations
> about these fossils (geological time, state of
> preservation etc.)? And also - can we talk about "modern" months like June in
> the geologic past, when a single year had  about 20
days