RE: Cratoavis, new enantiornithine bird from the Early Cretaceous of Brazil (free pdf)

Anyone else find the timing and substance of this paper rather suspicious?  The
same authors had their previous paper in Nature Communications which fully
described the specimen accepted on April 10th, then submitted this paper naming
it on May 18th, to have it accepted the next day (showing there couldn't have
been much if any review).  Indeed, the fact the third and fourth sections are
titled "Three The Fossil Preservation" and "Four Systematic Paleontology" while
the first and second lack "One" or "Two" on their titles shows review was
neglected.  Then there's figure 4 which has a caption with abbreviations and
autapomorphies inside the figure box, which is itself captioned.  Did the
authors submit a manuscript describing and naming Cratoavis to Nature, but have
that part rejected, and submitted the naming portion to the Brazilian Journal
of Geology with some "fast track" to publication?

Mickey Mortimer