South America as domain of dinosaurs + Nat Geo dinosaur specials + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A number of recent news and blog items:

South America as domain of dinosaurs, with videos, including talk by
Fernando Novas (in Spanish)

https://www.lagranepoca.com/ciencia-y-tecnologia/descubrimientos/7613-argentinosaurus.html

==

This weekend National Geographic Channel dinosaur specials on June 6 and 7:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/schedule/weekly/

Saturday June 6, 2015

9 p.m. DINO DEATH MATCH
In 2006, a huge fossil was discovered — so big that it had to be
broken up for transportation. It contained two near-complete
dinosaurs, locked in battle — a 10-ton plant-eating triceratops and
another formidable, unknown predator, one-tenth the size of the
triceratops but deadly enough to apparently fell the armored giant.
Its discovery reopens a cold case — and could change what we thought
we knew about the prehistoric world.

**
10 p.m. JURASSIC C.S.I.: ULTIMATE DINO SECRETS
Today, all that’s left of the dinosaurs are fossilized bones. But
using modern technology we can now go beyond the bones, using fossils
to answer several eye-opening questions about dinosaur appearance,
behavior and lifestyle.

*****
Sunday June 7, 2015

8 p.m . ULTIMATE DINO SURVIVOR

The Tyrannosaurus rex was the top predator of its day. But new fossils
reveal that the life of the T. rex and its cousins was brutal, and
devastating injuries were routine. Probing fossils using cutting-edge
techniques, we reveal the source of injuries, reconstructing predation
attempts that went wrong and titanic battles where T. rex teeth were
sunk into adversaries.

**

9:00 p.m.  T. REX AUTOPSY

Go inside a full-size T. rex for the first time ever to reveal how the
65-million-year-old beast may have lived.

===

T. rex corpse with death tag driven around London to promote upcoming
T. rex autopsy show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t-rex-london-bemused-commuters-snap-5800600

===

Jane T. rex  skull reconstruction

http://tyrannosauroideacentral.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-jane-diaries-entry-47.html

==

AMNH Saurischian Hall

http://subhumanfreak.blogspot.com/2015/05/american-museum-of-natural-history-hall.html

==

Pelorosaurus revisited

http://svpow.com/2015/06/01/whatever-happened-to-pelorosaurus-becklesii/

===

Why dinosaurs would never build spaceships...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2015/05/31/why-dinosaurs-would-have-never-built-spaceships/

==

Dino warm-blooded debate

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/05/30/dinosaur-physiology-debate-continues-to-simmer/

==

Dino art--

Brachiosaurs at dusk

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/stevie-moore-brachiosaurs-at-dusk/

***
Luis Rey dinosaur reconstructions

https://luisvrey.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/revamps-of-old-favourites-2/

***

Dimorphodon

http://www.markwitton.com/shop/4588356872/dimorphodon-the-reluctantly-flying-reptile/9805436

=======

Champsosaurus

http://equatorialminnesota.blogspot.com/2015/05/wont-somebody-please-think-of.html

===

Mary Anning

https://paleonerdish.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/mary-anning-the-carpenters-daughter/

==

Marcelo Isasi, museum technician in Argentina (in Spanish)

http://www.entornointeligente.com/articulo/6038090/Dar-a-luz-esqueletos

=====

New dinosaur dig at Winton in Australia

http://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/news/agriculture/general/news/winton-kicks-off-dinosaur-dig-season/2733813.aspx

===

New book in French looks at future animals, some influenced by
dinosaur evolution, with video (in French)

http://www.levif.be/actualite/sciences/a-quoi-pourraient-ressembler-les-animaux-du-futur/article-normal-397899.html

===