Re: Survival into the Paleocene

Current exposures especially those with the K-Pg event horizon are the best
places to look but large exposures are not so easy to come by without serious
excavating. Best formations to look are those that begin in the latest
Cretaceous and contain into the earliest Paleocene without depositional
changes.

The Fort Union Formation in Montana, Wyoming & North Dakota; the Hell Creek
Formation; come to mind.