Re: Survival into the Paleocene

Chubut Province, Argentina. Seymour Island. Anywhere near the
subantarctic. Plant communities in the far southern hemisphere show far
more complete recovery than those in the north at the K/T. Some of the non
avian dinosaurs on those habitats may have been adapted to harsh
conditions, like cool and dark, as well. If there were any burrowing taxa
down there, say little ornithischians or troodontids or what not, they may
have had a chance to live a little while into the Danian. But they would
be surpassingly rare, making it highly improbable that we'd ever find one.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
American Museum of Natural History
jaseb@amnh.org