Re: the Horner interview - "fluffy" T. Rex??

Well, a number of birds do have extensive unfeathered areas, and the largest of
the lot, the Ostrich, is the only bird I can think of with bare thighs (though
whether this serves a thermoregulatory as opposed to a display function I can't
say). On the other hand, cold-climate grouse have the entire leg feathered,
including the toes.

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON