From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list
[mailto:NATSCA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Carnall, Mark
Sent: 16 June 2015 10:50
To: NATSCA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [NATSCA] Crystal Palace Dinosaurs- Help Needed

Dear All, apologies for cross posting

On behalf of the Friends of Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, this is a request for
help. I’m sure that many of you will have heard of the iconic Crystal Palace
Dinosaurs (and other prehistoric creatures) created and installed at Crystal
Palace Park, South London and hopefully you will have visited them too.

Unfortunately, the sculptures which are free to visit and enjoy, are in
desperate need of repair and the Friends of Crystal Palace Dinosaurs are
looking to raise awareness and funds to repair, consolidate, maintain and
celebrate these sculptures. If you have visited the dinosaurs, we’ve got a
short survey (5-10 minutes) for information gathering about awareness and
knowledge of the sculptures and the threats to them and we’d be very grateful
if you could take the time to fill It out. If you haven’t visited the park,
they are well worth a visit!

Survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Sg785yv6sl6w8FlYNWAHWY8BN7SqzsJaSbcwXePkxMc/viewform?c=0&w=1

For further information about the dinosaurs and the work of the Friends of
Crystal Palace Dinosaurs here’s our website http://cpdinosaurs.org/ and you can
follow us on Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/CPdinos?fref=ts

If you have any further questions about the sculptures or the Friends and their
work then please do contact me off list.

Kind regards

Mark Carnall

Curator
Grant Museum of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy
UCL Public and Cultural Engagement
Rockefeller Building
University College London
21 University Street
London
WC1E 6JJ
Tel: (+44) 020 3108 2052 (or 52052 from within UCL)
Email: mark.carnall@ucl.ac.uk
Web: www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/zoology
Blog: https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/museums/
http://twitter.com/@Mark_Carnall