Crystal Palace Dinosaur Sculptures

I'm sending this for a second time, as I'm not sure the first attempt was
successful.

This should be of concern to everyone interested in dinosaurs. These are the
original Victorian-era dinosaur sculptures (Waterhouse Hawkins), which you've
seen in just about every popular book on dinosaurs ... and they are now in
'desperate need of repair' (sic). Take a look at the CP Dinosaurs website.

Dear All, apologies for cross posting

On behalf of the Friends of Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, this is a request for
help. I’m sure that many of you will have heard of the iconic Crystal Palace
Dinosaurs (and other prehistoric creatures) created and installed at Crystal
Palace Park, South London and hopefully you will have visited them too.
Unfortunately, the sculptures which are free to visit and enjoy, are in
desperate need of repair and the Friends of Crystal Palace Dinosaurs are
looking to raise awareness and funds to repair, consolidate, maintain and
celebrate these sculptures. If you have visited the dinosaurs, we’ve got a
short survey (5-10 minutes) for information gathering about awareness and
knowledge of the sculptures and the threats to them and we’d be very grateful
if you could take the time to fill It out. If you haven’t visited the park,
they are well worth a visit!

For further information about the dinosaurs and the work of the Friends of
Crystal Palace Dinosaurs here’s our website

http://cpdinosaurs.org/

and you can follow us on Facebook too

https://www.facebook.com/CPdinos?fref=ts

If you have any further questions about the sculptures or the Friends and their
work then please do contact me off list.

Kind regards

Mark Carnall
Curator

Grant Museum of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy UCL Public and Cultural
Engagement
Rockefeller Building