exobiology possibilities

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/discovery-one-saturns-moons-just-182029759.html

This article is worth reading only because it point to the possibility of an
independent evolution of life, which brings up a question I have long had.

We really don't know if all life on this planet comes from a single continuous
linage.  The organism that exist in the lost city might not be related to
anything on the planet.  And similarly, is possible that flowering plants,
as an example, some from several branches of plant life, in a form of
convergence
where closely related specifies simultaneously develop like features, even
controlled by similar haplans and control genes?

Why should the course of evolution be simple?

Ruben