Re: Fw: Anyone know of public domain paleontology papers being hidden behind paywalls?

Both made it through. No worries!

On 3/12/2015 12:15 PM, Saint Abyssal wrote:
I've heard complaints that less than scrupulous journals and content
providers are hiding scientific papers old enough to be in the public
domain (those published in 1922 or before) behind paywalls. Lately
I've been uploading a lot of old papers to the Wikimedia Commons- the
media repository operated by the same guys who bring us Wikipedia-
and I decided that it might be a good idea to take advantage of
whatever subscriptions my university library has to "liberate" these
public domain papers and make them freely available. Does anyone know
of any journals or Elsevier-type content providers that are charging
money for very old papers that I might have access to through my
university library?

~ Abyssal

This is my second attempt at sending this. I didn't receive a copy in
my inbox, so I don't think it went through. Sorry if this is a
duplicate.