Re: Main cause of non-avian dinosaur extinction

My opinion: 3 major stress components make up the K-Pg extinction

1. Loss of the shallow seas worldwide -- climatic weather changes [long term]
2. Deccan Traps -- atmospheric and oceanic chemical changes [over a 500,000
year period], breakdown of food chain
3. Chicxulub Impact -- sudden, large impact area destruction, tsunamis, fire
storms, and 'nuclear' winter [instantaneous effects lasting about 5 years]

John Schneiderman