Re: Why non-avian dinosaurs weren't able to survive

On 11/24/2015 12:59 AM, frank bliss wrote:
> I’m still having trouble understanding why there aren’t massive beds of
> dinosaurian bones at the top of the K sediments.  No such thing here on my
> ranch.  I see fewer and fewer bone sites as I get closer to the top

Easy answer.  Every spot in the strata where you have bones is a result
of a statistical probability of fossilization from before and after a
specific time.  As you aproach the top, especially if it is a sudden die
off, you lose the source of half your probably candidates for any exact
spot... and so you get the illusion of thinning population.

Additionally, there was a great physical destruction.  Not much sediment.