Fwd: Carnotaurus skull + ceratopsian teeth (old refs)

This was apparently blocked. I've made some changes (again)...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Subject: Carnotaurus skull + ceratopsian teeth + Bellusaurus (old refs)
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

These are old refs that have not appeared on the DML to my knowledge.
I tried sending a post earlier that has been blocked multiple times.
I've redone the whole thing to see if that works.

Finite element analysis of Carnotaurus skull from 2009:

Adrián P. Cisilino, Néstor Calvo, Gerardo V. Mazzetta & R. Ernesto Blanco (2009)
FEA for Understanding the Cranial Mechanics of a Dinosaur from Patagonia.
IACM Expressions: Bulletin for the International Association for
Computational Mechanics 26 (10): 12-17

Free pdf:

http://www.cimne.com/iacm/News/Expressions%2026.pdf

=====

Kyo Tanoue, Daqing Li & and Hailu You (2012)
Tooth replacement pattern in maxillary dentition of basal Neoceratopsia.
Bulletin of the Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History
 Series A(10): 123-127

Free pdf link:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/259396970_Tooth_replacement_pattern_in_maxillary_dentition_of_basal_Neoceratopsia

Maxillary dentition of basal neoceratopsians was examined to
understand the tooth replacement pattern in the early stage of
neoceratopsian evolution. The replacement tooth developed on the
lingual side of the functional tooth. For the replacement tooth to
grow apically, resorption of the root and eventually the base of crown
of the functional tooth was necessary. Having only one replacement
tooth for each tooth position and involving resorption of the
functional tooth for it to erupt, tooth replacement of basal
neoceratopsians was inefficient compared to ceratopsids, the derived
neoceratopsians.

======