Re: Jane shows Nanotyrannus is young T. rex + more news

On Sat, Oct 17th, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I kind of hesitate to mention this one, but many Russian news

> services are carrying it...

> Here, in English, a new "theory" that an increase in gravity killed

> the dinosaurs, put forward by a Russian marine biologist....

> http://recentnewstechnology.blogspot.com/2015/10/scientists-gravity-crushed-all.html

Gravity-based theories for Mesozoic extinction have been around for decades, so
they're hardly new as
that article suggests. They've never been taken seriously by anyone with even
the slightest background in
science (or a modicum of plain common sense).

They fail to account for several things; such as why small-bodied species also
became extinct, why marine
reptiles would have been affected, and other minor quibbles like violating the
laws of physics. :-)

Dann Pigdon