[dinosaur] Rocky Hill dinosaur track site history + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A number of recent items:

Dinosaur State Park in Connecticut, celebrating and remembering discovery of Rocky Hill dinosaur track site in 1966 (with video and photo gallery)

http://www.courant.com/community/rocky-hill/hc-rocky-hill-dinosaur-park-at-50-20160807-story.html

=====

Virginia Museum of Natural History begins preparing dinosaur finds from Wyoming, possible new species (with video)

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Martinsville-scientists-working-to--388336512.html

===

Preserving and making accessible to tourists the dinosaur tracks found at Las Sereas, Burgos, in Spain (in Spanish)

http://burgosconecta.es/2016/08/07/el-cas-aparca-las-excavaciones-para-musealizar-las-icnitas-de-dinosaurio/

=====

American Museum of Natural History to feature Cuban animals exhibit, including extinct giant flightless owl

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/american-museum-of-natural-history-s-cuba-exhibit-breaks-diplomatic-ground-1.12140076

===

Alternate DML archive is no more

Sad news....

While the DML archive maintained by the Cleveland Museum of Natural History (http://dml.cmnh.org)  is still alive and well,  the alternate gmane archive for the DML on gmane.org is no more...

The gmane site used to archive the DML live (one way I could check in real time  to see if a post I sent got through), as well as archiving years of older DML posts. However,  since the end of July, gmane has been offline. The situation is likely to be permanent and is explained here:

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

===

Traveling exhibit about Chinese Triassic Marine Reptiles and Fish has been appearing since last year at a number of museums in Italy--here are some news stories and a blog, some new, some old (in Italian and German)

http://www.scienzafacile.it/2016/03/29/marco-polo-e-ritornato-fossili-cinesi-in-mostra-a-milano/

http://milano.corriere.it/notizie/cronaca/16_febbraio_16/notosauro-sbarcato-cina-dipartimento-scienza-terra-9980f508-d4c2-11e5-8855-fe9a1275bf2e.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

Chinese paleontologists visit Museum Gherdëina in St. Ulrich/Ortisei, Italy,  for exhibit of Triassic marine reptiles from China (in German)

https://www.suedtirolnews.it/chronik/chinesische-palaeontologen-im-museum-gherdeina

For more information with photos of fossils

German

http://www.museumgherdeina.it/142d1524.html

Italian

http://www.museumgherdeina.it/164d1525.html