Re: [dinosaur] New compsognathid Beipiaognathus jii

If anyone has a PDF of this paper, I would appreciate receiving it.

Jim Farlow

From: dinosaur-l-request@usc.edu <dinosaur-l-request@usc.edu> on behalf of Alberta Claw <albertonykus@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:56:15 AM
To: dinosaur-l@usc.edu
Subject: [dinosaur] New compsognathid Beipiaognathus jii

A new paper (dated to June).

Y. Hu, X. Wang, and J. Huang (2016)
A new species of compsognathid from the Early Cretaceous Yixian Formation of western Liaoning, China
Journal of Geology 40: 191-196
DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1674-3636.2016.02.191
http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTotal-JSDZ201602029.htm

The paper reports a new genus and species of compsognathids: Beipiaognathus jii (gen. et sp. nov.). It possesses not only the diagnostic characters of Compsognathidae, such as the fan-shaped dorsal neural spines and robust phalanx I-1, but also some unique characteristics different from other compsognathids, including the un-serrated conical-shaped teeth, relatively long ulna, robust and long phalanx II-1,and relatively short tail. The discovery further reveals the great diversity of Compsognathidae and provides more information for understanding the anatomical characters of compsognathids.