[dinosaur] Dinosaurs at the holidays + Revisionist Paleontological Blues song + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

I'm finding it a bit hard to very cheery this year. However, here are some dinosaur-related items that might fit with the holidays.

Canadian Museum of Nature holiday decorations...

http://vertpaleo.org/Society-News/Blog/Old-Bones-SVP-s-Blog/December-2016/Holiday-Decorating-around-the-Office.aspx

===

“Santaposeidon”  at Oklahoma Museum of Natural History...

https://svpow.com/2016/12/21/a-quick-stop-at-the-oklahoma-museum-of-natural-history/

====

Pat's Christmas | Minisaurs | Dinosaur Animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrfAJmXxjA

=====

Dinosaur Christmas Spruce at American Museum of Natural History

https://worleygig.com/2013/12/09/dinosaur-christmas-spruce-at-american-museum-of-natural-history/

====

Festive dinosaurs...

https://cakeheadlovesevil.wordpress.com/tag/christmas-tree/

====

Dinosaur Christmas Santa

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/dinosaur-christmas-santa-out-in-the-snow-martin-davey.html

==

Festive T. rexes

https://www.reddit.com/r/berkeley/comments/3x8rb6/someone_put_a_santa_hat_on_the_trex_in_vlsb/

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/7ft-rex-dressed-santa-meet-12154623

====
====

Since the famous Dinner in the Iguanodon in 1853, Iguanodons (and by extension, their relatives) may fit (sort of) with the holiday season, musically and visually.

Revisionist Paleontological Blues

Many thanks to Michael Minhinnick for bringing this to my attention....

"This is a song written by Mustache Frog. The music created by Kjell of Jamtrack productions with Mikey Minhinnick backing vocals. YELLOWBLUES providing Harmonics.
It's a song he wrote about Hawkins, the Crystal Palace and the standing Iguanodon. We would like to add it to the paleosongs and paleopoems list."

http://songtr.ee/song/25011/Moustache%20frog/Revisionist%20Paleontological%20Blues.%20%20Words:%20Moustache%20frog%20Music:%20by%20Jamtrack#!

****

I posted this on the DML last year....

Paleosongs and Paleopoems at the Dinner in the Iguanodon and Beyond

http://dml.cmnh.org/2015Dec/msg00141.html

====

And,  also from back in 2015, a musical rendition of the verses from the Dinner in the Iguanodon (verses by Edward Forbes)

The Jolly Old Beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdyBQf3Rco

==========

An undated watercolor (likely 1850s) by Austrian artist Josef Zuwasseg  (1799-1859)  to depict the Wealden, showing two Iguanodons and  a Hylaeosaurus;  the original version of the  image was turned into a lithograph in 1847 for a book (published 1851) by Franz Unger, who described the dinosaurs in French and German as in combat. But they look fairly jolly to me and are probably sharing jokes about what would happen if your horn was on your thumb...

https://www.museum-joanneum.at/fileadmin//user_upload/Presse/Aktuelle_Projekte/Archiv/2006/die-urwelt-fossile-r/abb3_unterkreide.jpg

lithograph version (1847) (click to expand)

https://phaidra.cab.unipd.it/detail_object/o:269729?mycoll=o:269735

******

And  a later relative...

Ugrunaaluk
Dinosaurs of the Taiga (botany for paleoartists part VII)

https://hummingdinosaur.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/dinosaurs-of-the-taiga-botany-for-paleoartists-part-vii/