Re: Sauropod tumors + Ornithomimus "collagen fibers"

A follow-up paper:

Aaron J. van der Reest, Alexander P. Wolfe & Philip J. Currie (2016)
Reply to comment on: "A densely feathered ornithomimid (Dinosauria:
Theropoda) from the Upper Cretaceous Dinosaur Park Formation, Alberta,
Canada".
Cretaceous Research (advance online publication)
doi:10.1016/j.cretres.2016.01.005
http: // www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195667116300052

We confirm the presence of pigmented keratinized integumentary
structures attributable to feathers in the Late Cretaceous
Ornithomimus specimen UALVP 52531. We falsify the hypothesis that
these features represent collagen fibers and address additional
criticisms of our paper made by Lingham-Soliar (2016).